EXAMINATION OF MIDTOWN (HOBBS) INVESTIGATION
The following is a detailed examination and description of the events and references to evidence obtained from the files of the FBI, ICE and DOJ through FOIPA requests and from RTP case files and court testimony. For an understanding of the investigative timelines of the various agencies refer to the graphical timeline and chronology.
The document is in support and praise of the RTP that arrested HOBBS. Following his false arrest RTP suspected something was not right and resolved to arrest STRIKE within three months before charges were filed against HOBBS. Within three months RTP issued a recommendation to drop the case against HOBBS and issued an arrest warrant for STRIKE. After fighting diligently against his Government’s constant obstructions for two years all RTP, FBI and ICE investigations have been closed without charges being filed.
Surpassing even the most egregious assault on a child is when “trusted” law enforcement and NGO’s having a sworn oath and professing to protect children prioritize financial and professional gains above the protection of vulnerable children or for that matter their own citizens. It has become imperative for HOBBS to at least make an effort to expose the tactics and stop the malfeasance of these law enforcement professional’s and NGO that have exposed children to exploitation and abuse.
There is no conceivable motivation for a THAI VICTIM and CAMBODIAN VICTIM to report falsely to an ICE, FBI and informant NOJA that they had been abused and identify an American they had never met and sign false testimony. Also, inexplicable there is a nine month separation between the two VICTIM’s word for word testimony and the second child did not come forward for fourteen months to report to NOJA when they had both been living at ATCC the entire time. Some adult(s) with ulterior motives must be initiating this act for other purposes.
History has often shown, regardless of the nobility of the cause and best of intentions, there will be those involved with disingenuous intentions that will deceive the unsuspecting and will place personal financial or professional gain above the primary goals of protecting children from abuse or protecting their own citizens. The opportunity to expose these disingenuous individuals seldom arises and becomes possible only when they become careless and their actions fail to result in their desired outcome. What has happened in HOBBS’ case is this opportunity.
What may come as a surprise is that the information provided in this document is exculpatory to the RTP that arrested HOBBS and who have become just as much victims of the DOJ and NOJA’s deceptions and corruption as myself and the children. HOBBS’ legal and investigative team together with the RTP have discovered that when arresting HOBBS, the RTP acted upon what they believed to be truthful and complete investigative evidence and testimony provided from two of the world’s most reliable sources, the FBI and ICE together with their informant NOJA.
Upon instructions from Bangkok Civil Court, RTP and HOBBS’ team have begun to work together to investigate, arrest and prosecute those involved in causing his false arrest that include NOJA, FBI, ICE Agents [pages 11 and 14] . Regrettably, the abused and vulnerable children have once again become entangled in these law enforcement officials scheme because those responsible conspire to prevent being exposed or accept responsibility.
Furthermore, the Bangkok criminal court has accepted to receive the criminal defamation case filed by HOBBS against NOJA for his Facebook publications asserting HOBBS’ guilt.]
After two years of silence and obstruction from the US Embassy and US DOJ, FBI and ICE, evidence has been obtained through FOIPA requests about the deliberate tactics of the US Embassy and US DOJ Agencies to frame American HOBBS.
Evidence confirms that the US DOJ’s plans were made possible by the actions of their primary collaborator ATCC Director NOJA who is a compensated DOJ CHS. What also has become clear is the primary purpose and function of ATCC and its Director NOJA and why ATCC is funded by a US DOJ Investigative Agency and not one of the many other US Government Agencies charged with child protection.
JANUARY 29 – NOVEMBER 4, 2013
Primary Objective: FBI, ICE, NOJA Investigation of MIDTOWN Child Abuse Crimes
FBI and ICE files record the execution of their initial investigations prior to RTP involvement as follows;
US DOJ FBI and ICE informed of crimes at MIDTOWN by CHS NOJA (RTP and CBIP were not informed)
1. January 29, 2013 [page 8] – CHS NOJA informed FBI-LA of crimes being committed at MIDTOWN against a THAI VICTIM but did not inform RTP. Surprisingly, FBI-LA from 14,000 kilometers away opened an investigation of child abuse crimes in Thailand on June 10, 2013 [page 1] six month before RTP were told of the crimes by NOJA on December 12, 2013 [page 11] who filed his complaint on December 22, 2013 [page 1] initiating an RTP investigation.
2. April 11, 2013 - RTP files include the registrations of the delivery van and two motorcycles printed eight months before RTP were informed of the crimes or had initiated an investigation. This evidence was obtained illegally by NOJA and given to him by Pol.Capt. Arnon Infong who he later provided to FBI-LA. This is the document that was used by FBI-LA and NOJA to establish the identity of an American they believed to live at MIDTOWN as recorded in FBI-LA’s opening EC. However, FBI-LA recorded the residential address of HOBBS to be 150 kilometers from MIDTOWN at Sindhorn Tower in Bangkok as listed on the vehicle registration. [page 5]
3. June 3, 2013 and June 5, 2013 [Page 2-3, 85-87] – Six months before RTP opened an investigation and without informing RTP of the crimes or their intentions, FBI-LA and NOJA conducted illegal interrogations of a THAI VICTIM twice. The THAI VICTIM did not identify HOBBS’ 2009 passport photo.
4. June 10, 2013 – FBI-LA opened a “full investigation”, case file #31F-LA-2903354. The crimes FBI-LA was investigating from 14,000 kilometers away involved the abuse of a THAI VICTIM, in Thailand by what he believed to be a non-resident of California
5. July 31, 2014 [page 10] – FBI-LA records requesting from NOJA on July 9, 2014 if any more evidence against HOBBS was obtained from an unrelated arrest. FBI-LA made no suggestion of an unreported second victim or any queries in regard to the interrogation of a second victim. After this date and until April 8, 2014, FBI-LA made no further reporting.
6. November 4, 2013 [page 7] - CHS NOJA informed ICE of HOBBS and the crimes being committed at MIDTOWN in Pattaya but did not inform RTP
FBI, ICE and RTP records show that neither CBIP or RTP had been informed of any child abuse crimes at MIDTOWN for eleven months. It is also not conceivable that CBIP would comply with the US Embassy Ambassador’s Assistant RSO request to arrest and deport STRIKE if they had been informed of crimes being committed during the time fugitive pedophile STRIKE lived at MIDTOWN.
It is also not conceivable that RTP would not have initiated an investigation in January 2013 when FBI were informed of the crimes had RTP been informed by NOJA. In addition, RTP would not have initiated an investigation of HOBBS on December 12, 2013 [page 11] and excluded STRIKE as a suspect if FBI, ICE or the RSO had informed RTP about the arrest and deportation of STRIKE the same day.
Therefore, it must be concluded that the original tactic achieved its objective of concealing information about crimes being committed by Americans from both RTP or CBIP.
Since FBI-LA did not inform RTP for another six months or initiate an arrest of HOBBS after the two June 2013 illegal interrogations it is not believable that the THAI VICTIM gave a positive identification of HOBBS. Since no other new “evidence” to incriminate HOBBS was obtained by either the FBI or ICE between June 2013 and December 12, 2013 the only relevant event that occurred that would affect FBI-LA’s investigation was ICE’s discovery of STRIKE living at MIDTOWN in November 2013.
Further evidence that the FBI, ICE and NOJA concealed the crimes from RTP can be seen from the RTP case report [page 14] where RTP reports that same THAI VICTIM reported to NOJA having been abused by five foreigners. On February 2, 2013, four days after NOJA reported to FBI-LA about an American abusing a child at MIDTOWN, two of the five foreign nationals, (German) Karl Joseph Ruppel, (British) Andrew John Tracey were arrested the same day by RTP. If NOJA had reported the MIDTOWN crimes to RTP it is only reasonable to assume it would not take RTP another eleven months to arrest someone for the MIDTOWN crimes.
If there was not enough evidence in June 2013 to initiate an investigation, there was no more evidence on December 12, 2013 to incriminate HOBBS on the same day ICE was deporting a serial child sex predator from the crimes scene.
NOVEMBER 5 – DECEMBER 24, 2013
Secondary Objective: PEARCE, FBI, ICE Extract STRIKE and Implicate (Frame) HOBBS
FBI-LA’s deviation from the original objective became necessary when ICE interfered with the FBI’s investigation at MIDTOWN in November 2013 when searching for STRIKE. This is when the FBI-LA, FBI-BKK and ICE began their deliberate conspiracy to deceive Thai authorities into handing over STRIKE and at the same time implicate HOBBS.
FBI-LA, FBI-BKK and ICE Agents seized the opportunity that their tactic had succeeded in assuring that all Thai authorities were totally oblivious to the crimes at MIDTOWN to extract STRIKE. The success of the first objective allowed FBI and ICE the opportunity to deceive Thai authorities into arresting and deporting STRIKE and on the very same day Agents could expand their initial objective and seize the opportunity to incriminate and frame HOBBS for child abuse crimes that had been committed by STRIKE at MIDTOWN. FBI or ICE Agents succeeded because they concealed from RTP the most critical evidence that they had just arrested and deported a fugitive pedophile from the crime scene the very same day.
Quite simply the FBI and ICE Agents exchanged HOBBS for STRIKE in the RTP’s investigation. To assure that the RTP would investigate and arrest only HOBBS, RTP were not informed about STRIKE and to expedite the RTP’s investigation and arrest, ICE, FBI and NOJA provided illegally obtained and false incriminating evidence from the FBI’s eleven month investigation of the crimes at MIDTOWN. RTP believing that FBI, ICE and NOJA intentions were genuine and had provided complete and accurate evidence proceeded to investigate and arrest HOBBS the only American that RTP could now link to MIDTOWN.
The omission of information about STRIKE in the December 12, 2013 meeting between ICE, NOJA and RTP is a deliberate obstruction of justice and withholding of evidence with the intent to falsely incriminate an innocent person and clearly a violation of Thai, US and International law.
From FBI and ICE files, it becomes clear that officials of the DOJ including PEARCE within the US Embassy in Bangkok deliberately deceived Thai Authorities allowing them to seize and deport STRIKE and at the very same time incriminate and frame HOBBS. RTP, FBI and ICE files reveal that the Ambassador’s Assistant RSO requested the assistance of CBIP to arrest STRIKE at MIDTOWN and deport without informing of the crimes at MIDTOWN or FBI and ICE open investigations thus implicating the Ambassador’s office in the scheme to frame HOBBS.
US Embassy requests Thailand Immigration Police to arrest and deport STRIKE (CBIP were not informed of the crimes that had been under investigation for eleven months by the FBI and ICE)
7. November 21, 2013 – PEARCE, FBI-LA and FBI-BKK visited Child Protection and Development Center in Pattaya. Just eight days before these same individuals would collaborate on the deception of CBIP to arrest and deport STRIKE, these US DOJ officials were in Pattaya meeting with HOBBS’ accuser.
PEARCE most certainly and these FBI officials were aware of the pending apprehension of STRIKE at MIDTOWN and the crimes committed at MIDTOWN. Clearly they did not inform RTP of the MIDTOWN crimes or investigation or STRIKE would have been arrested by RTP and not CBIP and STRIKE would not have left Thailand.
8. November 29, 2013 – Ambassador’s Assistant RSO Robert Colin Bunker with full knowledge that two US DOJ Agencies had open unresolved investigations of child abuse crimes at MIDTOWN with no positive identification of the suspect and that all Thai authorities had not been informed of the crimes issued a request to CBIP for the arrest and deportation of STRIKE at MIDTOWN. CBIP unwittingly complied with this request.
At the time of this request, neither the US Embassy RSO, DOJ, FBI, or ICE informed either CBIP or RTP that crimes had been committed at MIDTOWN or that FBI and ICE both had open and unresolved child abuse investigations for eleven months since January 29, 2013.
9. December 12, 2013 – With the unwitting cooperation of CBIP, STRIKE was deported to Hawaii by ICE Agents where he is now serving 10 years for crimes committed before escaping to Thailand
What makes no sense for law enforcement is that both ICE and FBI-LA knew that MIDTOWN was the scene of a child abuse crimes and had open investigations and yet there was no request by the US DOJ to CBIP or RTP to search the building for evidence related to these crimes. STRIKE’s computer that may have photos of children on it was left as well as DVD’s, CD’s which may also have photos of young children.
Furthermore, FBI-LA has state to the Maui Prosecutor as reported by lawyer William Harrison in his “Whitworth and the FBI believed you may have committed the crime in Thailand BECAUSE they are aware STRIKE had roommates and think you may have been one of the roommates”. If in fact FBI-LA had knowledge of this and believed this to be true then he has once again concealed from RTP on December 12, 2013 that STRIKE could be HOBBS’ roommate.
These are not the innocent, misguided or negligent actions of veteran FBI and ICE Agents unless there was a preconceived plan to incriminate another American HOBBS. ICE and NOJA implicated HOBBS for the MIDTOWN crimes the very same day (RTP were not informed about STRIKE and CBIP were not informed of the crimes at MIDTOWN)
10. December 12, 2013 [pages 11 and 14] – (THE VERY SAME DAY) ICE Agents and CHS NOJA met with RTP in Pattaya to inform them of the MIDTOWN crimes and incriminated HOBBS and provided evidence from the FBI’s and CHS NOJA’s eleven month investigation. Evidence included the illegal interrogations and allegations without a positive identification that HOBBS had committed the crimes at MIDTOWN. RTP were not told about the arrest or deportation of STRIKE the same day!!
11. December 19, 2013 – RTP files record printing the registration of the orange motorcycle used during the commission of the crimes. RTP discovered however that the motorcycle was not registered to HOBBS but to a UK national which did not provide the desired incriminating evidence against HOBBS. Regardless that the orange motorcycle did not provide more incriminating evidence about HOBBS, RTP had independently observed the motorcycle at MIDTOWN which solidified the RTP’s conviction that FBI-LA, ICE and NOJA’s other assertions and information about HOBBS must also be true.
12. December 22, 2013 [page 1] – Following the December 12, 2013 meeting RTP open investigation case file #4036/2556 into child abuse crimes based upon evidence provided by FBI [page 18] . Complainant is FBI informant NOJA. [page 1]
What should not have come as a surprise to FBI-LA is that the THAI VICTIM did not identify HOBBS when he was questioned a second time legally by RTP. The failure to obtain a positive identification from the THAI VICTIM was the same result FBI and NOJA had obtained during their illegal interrogation in June 2013 and why HOBBS was not arrested then. The failure of the THAI VICTIM to identify HOBBS is again noted in recordings of RTP made on June 10, 2013 and June 11, 2013 without their knowledge.
There could be no turning back for the FBI-LA, FBI-BKK, ICE or NOJA since both Thai and US Authorities had now been made aware of an American committing child abuse crimes at MIDTOWN and Thai Authorities had been deceived into allowing STRIKE to be deported. Regardless of the facts;
1) The delivery van registration showed that HOBBS lived in Bangkok
2) There are no photos or witnesses confirming HOBBS ever drove the van
3) The orange motorcycle used during the crimes is not registered to HOBBS but a UK national
4) There are no photos or witnesses confirming HOBBS ever drove the orange motorcycle
5) There are no photos or witnesses confirming HOBBS had ever been to MIDTOWN
6) ICE Agents learned that HOBBS worked in the same building as the ICE offices in Bangkok which is the same address recorded by the FBI on the van registration
PEARCE, FBI, ICE and NOJA had to find a way to have RTP arrest HOBBS because;
1) It was not possible for ICE, FBI or the RSO to explain to RTP or other Thai Authorities that “oops” we forgot to tell you (or concealed from you) about the American pedophile STRIKE we just deceived you into helping us remove from Thailand the same day we told you to arrest HOBBS.
2) FBI and ICE could not explain to RTP or other Thai Authorities that they had concealed the crimes from Thai Authorities for eleven months preventing them from performing their duty just months before the Department of State downgraded Thailand’s TIP ranking
3) The US DOJ and RSO could not provide any explanation for the deliberate and illegal act of deception that obstructed the Thai justice system and law enforcement and allowed STRIKE to evade justice in Thailand
RTP had no reason not to continue to cooperate because they were completely unaware that there was any other American suspect or fugitive pedophile to consider. This made it easy for the FBI, ICE and NOJA to convince them of HOBBS’ guilt and pursue his arrest using any possible means.
The US Embassy and two DOJ Agencies were fully aware of the crimes and both had open and unresolved investigations without a positive identification of the suspect and that CBIP and RTP had not been informed. If Thai authorities had known about the crimes or investigations at MIDTOWN they would not have assisted the US Embassy to arrest STRIKE and allowed him to be deported without first investigating.
The actions of DOJ Attache PEARCE, FBI-LA Randall Devine, FBI-BKK Christopher Cantrell and ICE Agents (names currently withheld pending FOIPA appeal (Barry Tang, Robert Abrams)) are clearly deliberate with the intention to falsely implicate HOBBS to the RTP to have him arrested.
The request by the Ambassador’s Assistant RSO Robert Colin Bunker to CBIP to arrest and deport STRIKE would be a violation of Thai, US and International law and obstruction of Thai justice if he;
1) Did not confirm that FBI and ICE had ruled out any possibility that STRIKE had been involved in the crimes at MIDTOWN
2) Did not confirm that HOBBS had been positively identified by the victim
3) Did not assure himself that RTP and CBIP had been informed of the crimes and had the opportunity to investigate the crimes that violated a Thai citizen
The Ambassador’s office complicity in the deliberate deception of Thai authorities and intent to frame HOBBS for the crimes will depend upon the extent of information provided by the DOJ to the RSO prior to December 12, 2013. The US Embassy and all DOJ officials have remained silent and obstructive ever since HOBBS was arrested and HOBBS continues his quest for information through FOIPA requests to the Department of State who have thus far failed to comply.
DECEMBER 25, 2013 – APRIL 3, 2014
Tertiary Objective: Fabricate Crimes and Collaborating Victim and Identification of HOBBS
The DOJ’s initial frame-up of HOBBS and have him arrested by RTP came to an impasse when the Thai child would not identify HOBBS on December 24, 2013 which is the same result of the FBI’s illegal interrogations in June 2013. The RTP were thus unable to obtain an arrest warrant in December 2013 as desired by CHS NOJA’s sponsors, FBI and ICE. Three months later and fourteen months after the first victim reported being abused, the solution arose from another illegal Cambodian immigrant child who just happened to be under CHS NOJA’s care the entire time.
14. January 30, 2014 [page 2] – ICE initiates official case reporting #BK07QL14BK0008
15. March 27, 2014 – Fourteen months after the Thai child had reported his abuse CHS NOJA reported an illegal Cambodian immigrant child had also been abused by HOBBS at the same time at MIDTOWN by the same perpetrator that would be a collaborating victim/witness. This victim would provide the required “positive identification” allowing RTP to obtain an arrest warrant for HOBBS.
16. March 31, 2014 – CHS NOJA became not only the informant for the FBI and ICE but also became HOBBS’ accuser to the RTP stating that both boys had identified him and both could clearly remember the crime scene.
17. April 3, 2014 [page 14] – ICE, FBI and CHS NOJA once again met with RTP in Pattaya to share investigative information before RTP were to issue my arrest warrant. On this occasion these same US DOJ officials from both Agencies again failed to inform RTP about STRIKE!!
The testimony of the CAMBODIAN VICTIM is completely false. Even when the testimony describes a different crime on a different date the testimony is word for word identical to the THAI VICTIM’’s testimony taken three months earlier. Furthermore, totally without any explanation, NOJA was unable to obtain the testimony of this second VICTIM for nine months even though NOJA has testified both boys were under his care the entire time. In a second RTP interview, the CAMBODIAN VICTIM he could not identify either crime scene and the THAI VICTIM recanted that the boys were abused at MIDTOWN [page 3] together eliminating the collaborating victim. At that time RTP issued an arrest warrant and indictment for STRIKE was issued September 24, 2014.
Also not that surprisingly, NOJA was only able to find and bring the CAMBODIAN VICTIM to identify HOBBS during the identification lineup the night of his arrest. NOJA reported to RTP that the THAI VICTIM had once again “escaped” (“went as he pleased”) from his care at ATCC and allegedly could not be found. This would assure that there would be no conflict between the boys identification.
The RTP case files and Thai Attorney General have concluded the Thai child never identified HOBBS but has positively identified STRIKE. This was also confirmed by Los Angeles Federal Public Defender Craig Harbaugh when interviewing the same child in February 2016 who has also accused his client.
Neither the FBI, ICE or the RTP case files contain any testimony document signed by the Thai child identifying HOBBS and thus the alleged identification is purely a false allegation made by FBI and NOJA. The Thai child has never identified HOBBS or any photo of HOBBS at any time which is why FBI and RTP had previously failed to obtain a warrant in June 2013 or December 2013. Furthermore, RTP case files do not include a copy of HOBBS’ 2009 passport photo with a beard because it had not been obtained legally from the US DOJ. Both RTP and FBI files clearly show that HOBBS’ passport photo with a beard had been used for the initial failed identification attempts by both the FBI and RTP.